The Ecologist, Editor
Applications for this post are now closed.
Job purpose: the purpose of this key role is to manage and update the editorial content of the Ecologist website daily.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Trained to NCTJ proficiency standard, degree in journalism or equivalent
- Proven journalistic track record, preferably with experience in the field of environmental issues
- Experience of CMS and competence in handling digital data including images
- Ability to source, develop and edit news stories
- Ability to manage and support freelance contributors
- Confidence in handling combined social media platforms
- Good team skills, plus ability to take direction and/or work independently
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to maintain accessible and up to date editorial records
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Source and update editorial content via our CMS
- Write, commission and edit ongoing content
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with contributors
- Work closely with The Resurgence Trust editor-in-chief, Satish Kumar, to further develop the site and build strong content reflective of the ethos of the Trust
- Source and resize appropriate images for stories and new gallery features
- Manage and develop content-linked daily updates across our social media platforms
- Manage the established international syndication relationship with EBSCO and deal with all permissions and syndication enquiries
- Work with The Resurgence Trust magazine and website teams to maintain the integration of the two brands and ensure a consistent 'voice' across the work of The Resurgence Trust
Note: This is a description of the job as it is presently constructed. This will be reviewed periodically and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the responsibilities of the job.