CO-HOUSING COMMUNITY COTTAGE: for sale in established co-housing community in Gillingham, North Dorset. Shared interests include meditation and permaculture. Cottage has three beds, price £170,000 For details see www.thresholdcentre.org.uk or e-mail email@example.com
FOCUSING is a special way of paying attention, so that we sense the whole feeling about situations or issues. Focusing can guide us in creativity, decision-making and emotional wisdom. Courses, 1:1 sessions, face-to-face or Skype. www.carolannsamuels.co.uk Tel: 01303266253.
MAN ON A JOURNEY? Seize the moment in 2016: Men's Rites of Passage. www.mrop.org.uk
NEW WELSH SCHOOL OF HERBAL MEDICINE offering one year general course. Professional course also available. www.myddfaiherbs.co.uk
KRISHNAMURTI CONCERT: J. Krishnamurti: Silence, Music and the Arts - Maria Joao Pires/Beethoven. With Aditi Mangaldas (Indian Classical Dance), Nigel North (lute) and Maria Joao (piano). Introduction by Ian Skelly. 3rd September 2016, 19:30, Cadogan Hall, London. Further information and tickets www.j-krishnamurti.co.uk or Cadogan Hall website
GAIA GROUPS are Resurgence readers’ opportunity to meet together in local groups; sharing meditation, ideas, an eco-friendly way of life, and seasonal food. If there isn't a group near you - why not start one? People are encouraged to share responsibility and rotate houses to meet in, as this makes a more democratic community, so being the founder doesn't mean you have to take on all the work. for more information on local groups across UK contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0845 458 4718
CENTRAL PORTUGAL: Self contained modern cabin. Private facilities, parking, wifi. Set in organic smallholding, rural but not isolated. From €25 night. 00 35 1 969 249 273 daterramail.wix.com/daterra
GREECE: Findhorn-inspired summer holistic holidays combine retreats, healing and sustainability workshops and a living-in-community programme with lush forest, gorgeous beaches and Greek vegetarian meals. Also affordable August family weeks for single or coupled parents with kids. Or join our inexpensive (£60/week) autumn workcamp for a working holiday. www.kalikalos.org Email: email@example.com, Tel: 020 8816 8533.
COSY SELF CATERING STRAWBALE ROUNDHOUSE: for vegetarians in the beautiful Gwili Valley Carmarthenshire beaches and castles nearby contact 07583 980767 firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANQUIL 17C COTTAGE DENTDALE: Idyllic setting in sunny hillside pasture surrounded by open fields. SSSI with magnificent views over Dentdale and Whernside. Sleeps up to seven, Dent Village (Meditation centre) 3 miles. Website: www.allenhaw-dent.co.uk or email email@example.com
LA PALOMA, ANDALUCIA: Beautiful hilltop casa rustica. Private, simple, unspoilt. Retreats/arts/holidays. www.lapaloma.co.uk 01239 682690
FOR ALL READERS who are considering a trip overseas, we would urge you to visit www.seat61.com to plan your journey by train.
RUGGED, BEAUTIFUL PEMBROKESHIRE - Two eco-friendly, recently converted barns on smallholding. Each sleeps 4. Coastal path 2 miles. Tel. 01348 891286. firstname.lastname@example.org www.stonescottages.co.uk
TOTNES (SOUTH DEVON): Self-catering double-bedroom riverside apartment. Situated on the edge of the magnificent Dartington estate. Short walk along the river path to Totnes mainline station and town centre. Perfect base for exploring by foot, canoe and bike. www.littleriverside.wordpress.com Tel 01803 866257 Mobile 07875 727763. email@example.com
SW FRANCE: Small detached cottage and a secluded oak cabin for rent. Perfect for those of you seeking peace and quiet in a truly beautiful, romantic spot. Ideal for walking, painting, writing...wonderful fauna and flora and sublime villages. Website: webb89.wix.com/lamasse
PLANTS FOR A FUTURE NEEDS YOUR HELP: Volunteers, fundraisers needed at out 28 acres of beautiful perennial gardens, orchards and wilderness. Hundreds of useful plants to learn about. For more information www.plantsforafuture.theferns.info or phone 01208 8735
SHITAKE MUSHROOM LOGS: Grow your own mushrooms on our Ready to Grow Logs, various species. DIY Log Kits, dried mushrooms also available. Unusual healthy presents! www.rusticmushrooms.co.uk Tel: 01825723065
Property for sale
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation (KFBGC) is a registered non-profit making organization based in Hong Kong, dedicated to harmonizing our relationship with the environment (www.kfbg.org). We are looking for a candidate to fill the following position:
SENIOR EDUCATION OFFICER
To be responsible for the design, management and delivery of education programmes in support of the KFBG mission.
- To design, manage and conduct a range of holistic (Head, Hands and Heart), experiential education programmes to enhance self-awareness and connection to nature, in support of sustainable living, for people of various ages and backgrounds;
- To help integrate holistic and experiential education elements into KFBG's other education programmes;
- To develop and implement a strategy to promote education programmes to the general public and organizations;
- To monitor the implementation and evaluation of the above projects and activities, and to adjust as necessary;
- To establish and maintain an international network of relevant experts, community groups, schools and other organizations;
- To lead a team of professional educators and volunteers;
- To deputize for the Head of Department as necessary;
- Other duties as required.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Good command of English (knowledge of Cantonese and/or Putonghua will be an advantage, although not essential);
- PhD or Master Degree in a relevant educational field (such as Holistic Science, Experiential Education etc.);
- At least five years of solid working experience in Experiential Education, Holistic Education or Affective Nature Education programmes;
- At least five years of experience at supervisory level in education project management;
- Proven skills in facilitation, design and implementation of workshops;
- Experience of helping participants to find a state of 'Flow' in nature, or mindfulness practice, and sharing this with others, would be an advantage;
- Self-motivated, dynamic and a good team player;
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a positive, inspirational way;
- Passion for nature and for people;
- Have an understanding and appreciation of Chinese culture;
- Physically fit for mild outdoor group activities;
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths (though we are not a religious organization and our programmes are secular);
- There is an expectation that the job holder will publish from time to time, articles and books online to further the field;
- Able to work residentially occasionally, including weekends and public holidays;
- Valid Type I or II driving license is preferred.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay on 'How can we help people to connect to their own hearts and nature?' to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a family of 4 who live in the Pembrokeshire countryside a few miles from the National Park coast in a large spacious home. We are looking for a out-going, happy, driving, non-smoking homehelp/au pair to help with children's mealtimes and bedtimes and to do a little cooking/light housework/other similar jobs. 27 hours and 2 nights babysitting per week. Board and lodging with own bathroom and kitchen/sitting room, £120 per week and use of shared car. Contact Michelle on email@example.com