RETREAT beautiful off grid cob house (as seen on TV!)in Cotswolds next to organic veg and dairy available for short (or long) retreats. For info contact email@example.com or 01865 515777
FOCUSING is a special way of paying attention, so that we sense the whole feeling about situations or issues. Focusing can guide us in creativity, decision-making and emotional wisdom. Courses, 1:1 sessions, face-to-face or Skype. www.carolannsamuels.co.uk Tel: 01303266253.
KRISHNAMURTI CONCERT: J. Krishnamurti: Silence, Music and the Arts - Maria Joao Pires/Beethoven. With Aditi Mangaldas (Indian Classical Dance), Nigel North (lute) and Maria Joao (piano). Introduction by Ian Skelly. 3rd September 2016, 19:30, Cadogan Hall, London. Further information and tickets www.j-krishnamurti.co.uk or Cadogan Hall website
GAIA GROUPS are Resurgence readers’ opportunity to meet together in local groups; sharing meditation, ideas, an eco-friendly way of life, and seasonal food. If there isn't a group near you - why not start one? People are encouraged to share responsibility and rotate houses to meet in, as this makes a more democratic community, so being the founder doesn't mean you have to take on all the work. for more information on local groups across UK telephone 0845 458 4718
GREECE Findhorn-inspired summer holistic holidays combine retreats, creativity and sustainability workshops and a living-in-community experience with lush forest, gorgeous beaches and Greek vegetarian meals. Or join our inexpensive (£65/week) autumn workcamp for a working holiday 16 Sep - 7 Oct. www.kalikalos.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0208 816 8533
BEAUTIFUL 2 BEDROOM BEACHFRONT s/c apt in Kinghorn, Fife. Close to St Andrews and East Neuk. Direct train to Edinburgh over Forth Bridge. Available for festival. www.13stjamesplace.uk
CENTRAL PORTUGAL: Self contained modern cabin. Private facilities, parking, wifi. Set in organic smallholding, rural but not isolated. From €25 night. 00 35 1 969 249 273 daterramail.wix.com/daterra
COSY SELF CATERING STRAWBALE ROUNDHOUSE: for vegetarians in the beautiful Gwili Valley Carmarthenshire beaches and castles nearby contact 07583 980767 email@example.com
TRANQUIL 17C COTTAGE DENTDALE: Idyllic setting in sunny hillside pasture surrounded by open fields. SSSI with magnificent views over Dentdale and Whernside. Sleeps up to seven, Dent Village (Meditation centre) 3 miles. Website: www.allenhaw-dent.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR ALL READERS who are considering a trip overseas, we would urge you to visit www.seat61.com to plan your journey by train.
RUGGED, BEAUTIFUL PEMBROKESHIRE - Two eco-friendly, recently converted barns on smallholding. Each sleeps 4. Coastal path 2 miles. Tel. 01348 891286. email@example.com www.stonescottages.co.uk
TOTNES (SOUTH DEVON): Self-catering double-bedroom riverside apartment. Situated on the edge of the magnificent Dartington estate. Short walk along the river path to Totnes mainline station and town centre. Perfect base for exploring by foot, canoe and bike. www.littleriverside.wordpress.com Tel 01803 866257 Mobile 07875 727763. firstname.lastname@example.org
SW FRANCE: Small detached cottage and a secluded oak cabin for rent. Perfect for those of you seeking peace and quiet in a truly beautiful, romantic spot. Ideal for walking, painting, writing...wonderful fauna and flora and sublime villages. Website: webb89.wix.com/lamasse
SHITAKE MUSHROOM LOGS: Grow your own mushrooms on our Ready to Grow Logs, various species. DIY Log Kits, dried mushrooms also available. Unusual healthy presents! www.rusticmushrooms.co.uk Tel: 01825723065
Property for sale
RETREAT VENUE FOR SALE, EDENRISE OUTSIDE TOTNES, DEVON: 18 bed beautiful converted barns with courtyard and gardens, grounds & views to Dartmoor. Bright group rooms, underheated wood floors, fully equipped, sauna and solar panels. Ongoing client base since 2010, further potential. Minor changes for owner accommodation. £695,000 ono. email@example.com
LANGSIDE FARMHOUSE, AYRSHIRE: Lot 1. House and outbuildings + 8 acres good grazing land: offers over £475,000. A large, versatile, beautifully appointed Georgian property, with adjoining south facing large stone barn with plans for conversion, 4 stables, workshop and good outbuildings. Commanding views over the valley, 15 mins Ayrshire Coast, 30 Mins Glasgow. Ideal for B&B, equestrian, smallholding or livestock activities. Period features throughout, 2 staircases leading to 5 main bedrooms (4 ensuite) + family bathroom, 3 reception rooms, studio with loft bedroom above, large farmhouse kitchen, elec/log-fired range cooker, walk-in larder, food prep’ area. Adjoining clear roofed garden room with 11 raised beds, courtyard front garden, 1 acre at rear incl’ large veg plot. 50kW auto’ biomass (woodchip) central heating with oil backup, 4kW photovoltaic panels (maximum tariff). 6493 sq ft incl’ house, barn, garden room. Lot 2. 25 acres good grazing land with woodland + possible micro hydro: offers over £75,000. Contact CKD Galbraith Estate Agents: 01292 268181 http://goo.gl/Dvmje5
ORGANIC FARMING COMMUNITY in beautiful Herefordshire seeks new families: We have a south facing, family-sized property for sale, currently valued at £295,000. Would you be interested in a change of lifestyle? Growing food, watching your children growing up on a unique farm of 40 acres, sharing community with animals and friends? firstname.lastname@example.org Or visit our website: canonfromecourt.org.uk
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation (KFBGC) is a registered non-profit making organization based in Hong Kong, dedicated to harmonizing our relationship with the environment (www.kfbg.org). We are looking for a candidate to fill the following position:
SENIOR EDUCATION OFFICER
To be responsible for the design, management and delivery of education programmes in support of the KFBG mission.
- To design, manage and conduct a range of holistic (Head, Hands and Heart), experiential education programmes to enhance self-awareness and connection to nature, in support of sustainable living, for people of various ages and backgrounds;
- To help integrate holistic and experiential education elements into KFBG's other education programmes;
- To develop and implement a strategy to promote education programmes to the general public and organizations;
- To monitor the implementation and evaluation of the above projects and activities, and to adjust as necessary;
- To establish and maintain an international network of relevant experts, community groups, schools and other organizations;
- To lead a team of professional educators and volunteers;
- To deputize for the Head of Department as necessary;
- Other duties as required.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Good command of English (knowledge of Cantonese and/or Putonghua will be an advantage, although not essential);
- PhD or Master Degree in a relevant educational field (such as Holistic Science, Experiential Education etc.);
- At least five years of solid working experience in Experiential Education, Holistic Education or Affective Nature Education programmes;
- At least five years of experience at supervisory level in education project management;
- Proven skills in facilitation, design and implementation of workshops;
- Experience of helping participants to find a state of 'Flow' in nature, or mindfulness practice, and sharing this with others, would be an advantage;
- Self-motivated, dynamic and a good team player;
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a positive, inspirational way;
- Passion for nature and for people;
- Have an understanding and appreciation of Chinese culture;
- Physically fit for mild outdoor group activities;
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths (though we are not a religious organization and our programmes are secular);
- There is an expectation that the job holder will publish from time to time, articles and books online to further the field;
- Able to work residentially occasionally, including weekends and public holidays;
- Valid Type I or II driving license is preferred.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay on 'How can we help people to connect to their own hearts and nature?' to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to email@example.com.