Terms and Conditions
- Legal Information
- Issue Download
- Privacy Statement
- Resurgence Online Shop
- Prices and Tax
- Shipping and Handling
- Secure Online Ordering
- Other Methods of Ordering
- Order confirmation
- Returns and Refunds
- Advertising Terms and Conditions
- The Resurgence Trust
Below are the Terms and Conditions which apply to information contained in the pages of www.resurgence.org, i.e., ‘the Resurgence website’ and to the ordering of any products from the website. By using this website and/or making a purchase through this website you agree to and accept our Terms and Conditions. All transactions undertaken through this website are governed by English Law.
The information on the Resurgence website may not be copied or adapted without written permission from The Resurgence Trust. The reproduction, copying, downloading, modification, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission and distribution of any part of the Resurgence website is not permitted, other than making a single copy for personal use. If you would like to reprint an article or use an image from the Resurgence website please contact the editorial department to obtain permission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Binding Terms and Conditions of Use:
By downloading any issue of Resurgence Magazine or Resurgence & Ecologist Magazine the downloader undertakes that its use will be limited to personal reference by the downloader only, and the downloader acknowledges that the contents are copyright of the respective authors, photographers, illustrators and/or their agents. Sale or reproduction in any form is absolutely prohibited, including (but not limited to) copying, printing, digital or computer media, websites or downloads. These terms apply to all issue downloads, including free sample issues, issues purchased individually, and downloads made by members. Action will be taken against any infringement of these terms.
The Resurgence Trust respects and protects the privacy of anyone who visits the Resurgence website. We will not rent, sell or pass on any personal or contact information to third parties. We do not collect credit or debit card information: this is done by our specialist payment provider, SagePay (see below for more details).
The Resurgence website includes links to other sites, not owned or managed by Resurgence. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by those websites.
Mailing lists: We only send information to those who request it, and immediately unsubscribe those who ask to unsubscribe from our mailing lists. Messages sent to subscribers to our newsletter and events list include details of how to unsubscribe from the list.
We may collect and record information in order for us to understand more about how our site is used and in turn to make sure that the site reflects your needs. In order to do this we may send cookies to your browser.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or data protection issues, please contact: email@example.com
- To keep track of items from the Resurgence Online Shop that you have placed in your basket.
- To uniquely identify your session, after you have logged in to the site.
- To keep track of information you enter in the Resurgence ECards facility.
- To store analytical information, to enable us to better understand your use of the site.
These cookies are completely safe and secure and do not contain any sensitive information.
You can adjust the settings in your browser, if you wish, to delete or disallow the storage of cookies. However, this is likely to impact your experience of using the website. If you use the Resurgence website we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies sent by the site.
Resurgence Online Shop
We honour all requirements of UK Consumer Protection law and without affecting your statutory rights as a consumer we will replace or refund the price of any products which you consider unsatisfactory. We really do hope you enjoy Resurgence & Ecologist magazine and become a loyal supporter of The Resurgence Trust. If at any time you are unhappy with our dealings, we aim to resolve any issues as quickly and amicably as possible.
Prices and Tax
All our prices include VAT, where applicable, charged at current rates. All prices are displayed in UK pounds sterling. If you pay using a credit card with a different currency, your Credit Card Company will convert the transaction to your currency at the going rate at the time of purchase.
The price of the products listed in the shop will be the price quoted on the web site at the time we accept your order. You will be charged any relevant value added tax as part of the purchase price. There is no vat on print memberships. Vat is payable on e-memberships and pdf downloads and the cost of this has been incorporated into the price you pay at the time of purchase.
We reserve the right to alter our prices.
Shipping and Handling
We aim to offer an efficient and reliable delivery service. The cost of your delivery is automatically calculated according to the size and weight of items ordered and the delivery address.
Postage is based on actual rate and weight tariffs. This prevents those placing small orders from being over-charged. In order to keep postage to a minimum some items may be sent in recycled packaging.
Our policy is to dispatch all orders within 5 days. If items are unavailable then we will contact you to advise those that are not in stock and those which can be sent immediately. We cannot be held responsible for delays in the postal services. It is best to allow up to 7 working days for delivery in the UK, and up to 10 days outside the UK. Please also allow for Public Holidays.
Secure Online Ordering
We use SagePay to process online payments and collect credit card details. SagePay use SSL (Secure Socket Layer technology) to accept your payment details. The padlock symbol is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Resurgence does not have access to your credit card number since this is sent directly to SagePay.
SagePay provide secure online credit card and debit card payment solutions for thousands of online and mail order businesses and are the largest independent Payment Service Provider in the UK. SagePay has achieved the highest level of compliance under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI). They adhere to the most stringent levels of fraud screening, ensuring that customer's details remain secure throughout the transaction process.
We accept all major credit and debit cards. For a full list of cards accepted please visit: www.sagepay.com.
Other Methods of Ordering
If you prefer not to purchase items online, there are a number of other options:
- By phone: +44 (0) 1208 841 824
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Please complete your order form on-line, select the option to ‘print’ and send to: The Resurgence Trust, Rocksea Farmhouse, St. Mabyn, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30 3BR, United Kingdom
Once you have placed an order you will be sent a confirmation of your order by e-mail.
Returns and Refunds
You may return any product you buy from us without any fuss for a full refund if you contact us within 7 days of receiving your goods. The value of the item(s) refunded will be refunded to your card if you paid by credit or debit card. If you paid by cheque we will send you a cheque instead. We will not refund the cost of postage. Magazines associated with a membership to The Resurgence Trust are not covered by this guarantee, as payment for a membership is a donation to the charity and not a payment for a 'product'. We are therefore unable to offer refunds on memberships to The Resurgence Trust.
The guarantee is only valid if the product has not been damaged. We require that all goods be returned by recorded delivery, or that customers obtain a Certificate of Posting from the Post Office as we cannot be held responsible for any goods lost during transit.
Please include your name, delivery address, phone number and your ‘Transaction ID’ in any correspondence. You’ll find this in the confirmation email that you received from SagePay.
In the case of damage in transit, we accept no liability for any damage that occurs once goods have left our premises. If you do receive damaged goods, please retain all relevant documentation in case a claim needs to be made against the carrier.
If your order has been lost in the post it can only be re-sent or refunded 17 working days after it was dispatched because it is only after this period that the Royal Mail regards postage as officially lost. This applies within the UK only.
If you have any questions about our returns and refunds policy, please email us at email@example.com
Advertising Terms and Conditions
All advertisements accepted for publication by The Resurgence Trust, are subject to the following terms and conditions, which the advertisement buyer agrees to by any of these actions: purchasing, agreeing to purchase, reserving space, providing the advertisement materials, or otherwise communicating its intent to be an active advertiser.
The party or parties (hereinafter called "ADVERTISER") placing advertisements (hereinafter called "ADVERTISEMENT") and The Resurgence Trust (hereinafter called "PUBLISHER"), by accepting the ADVERTISER's order to publish advertising in one or more of PUBLISHER's printed magazines, online magazines, Web sites, e-mail newsletters or any other medium (hereinafter called "PUBLICATION"), hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Only these terms and conditions and PUBLISHER'S rate card shall be binding upon the PUBLISHER and ADVERTISER. PUBLISHER shall not be bound by any conditions, appearing on ADVERTISER'S insertion orders, agency forms, copy instructions, or otherwise which conflict with the provisions appearing in this contract and PUBLISHER'S applicable rate card. All terms and conditions are subject to change by PUBLISHER without notice.
2. PUBLISHER reserves the right to exclude any ADVERTISEMENT which, in its opinion, does not conform to the standards of the PUBLICATION. ADVERTISERS are not allowed to quote this PUBLICATION's reviews or ratings in advertisements submitted for publication herein, without the PUBLISHER'S prior written consent. The word "advertisement" shall be printed at either the top or the bottom of advertisements, which, in the opinion of the PUBLISHER might be confused with editorial pages.
3. The subject matter, form, size, wording, illustration, photography, (and if applicable, colour) and typography of ADVERTISEMENT shall be subject to the approval of PUBLISHER. If ADVERTISER is unable to provide ADVERTISEMENT in the type or style requested, PUBLISHER may publish ADVERTISEMENT in such other type or style as, in its opinion, most nearly corresponds, and the ADVERTISEMENT may be inserted without submission of proof unless proof before insertion is requested on the face of the insertion order.
4. PUBLISHER does not accept responsibility for the quality of any ADVERTISEMENT supplied by ADVERTISER or its agent which does not meet PUBLISHER's mechanical specifications and/or is not provided by stated deadline. PUBLISHER reserves the right to alter any film, mechanical, digital file, text message, or other material which does not meet said specifications. In the absence of a suitable ADVERTISEMENT, PUBLISHER may create new graphic and/or text ADVERTISEMENT based on its best knowledge of ADVERTISER's product/service. ADVERTISER or its agent will be charged for all production work, including graphic art and design services, digital work, copywriting, typesetting, halftones, reverses, artwork(s). Services provided by the PUBLISHER will be billed at the prevailing rates, and no commission will be allowed on such charges.
5. All orders are accepted subject to acts of God, fires, strikes, accidents, action of government entity, or other occurrences beyond PUBLISHER'S control, which prevent PUBLISHER from partially or completely producing, publishing, or distributing its PUBLICATION.
6. ADVERTISER agrees to pay for all ADVERTISEMENT published by the PUBLISHER in accordance with the PUBLISHER'S applicable rate card. Payment in full is due at space reservation deadline, unless credit has been approved in advance. All new ADVERTISERS must pre-pay first insertion. When credit has been granted, all payment is due within authorized credit terms from the invoice date. If payment is not made according to credit terms, ADVERTISER will be rebilled at the contracted date. Interest is 2% per month (24% per annum) and shall accrue on past due balances. At 90 days past due, bill will be turned over to collections at the open gross rate. If ADVERTISER is an agency, ADVERTISER'S clients will be billed directly upon default of ADVERTISER and client by appointment of ADVERTISER as its agent, expressly agrees to indemnify PUBLISHER for ADVERTISER'S default. PUBLISHER will render bills to ADVERTISER not less than monthly but failure to bill shall not constitute a breach of contract. If ADVERTISER defaults in payments of bills or if in the judgement of the PUBLISHER, ADVERTISER'S credit becomes impaired, PUBLISHER may require payment in advance. ADVERTISER and agency are jointly separately liable for all charges.
7. If ADVERTISER places fewer ADVERTISEMENTS than contracted for within the contract period, then the ADVERTISER will be liable for additional charges based on the actual earned rate. If ADVERTISER places a greater quantity than contracted for, ADVERTISER may receive a rebate based on actual earned rate upon request and if applicable. Any rebates will be refunded by PUBLISHER upon full payment of contract by advertiser.
8. PUBLISHER retains the right to alter any of its PUBLICATIONs in any way, including changing the name, format, style, frequency, schedule, medium and mission. PUBLISHER will provide reasonable notice to ADVERTISER, who will have the right to change or terminate any advertising contract which is reasonably affected by the change; however ADVERTISER remains responsible for full payment for any ADVERTISEMENT published prior to the change.
9. ADVERTISER agrees to prepay transportation and import charges on all materials sent to the PUBLISHER. If such charges are not prepaid, PUBLISHER may either reject the material or accept it and pay the charges. In the latter case, ADVERTISER shall promptly reimburse PUBLISHER.
10. PUBLISHER'S liability is limited only to the direct cost of the advertisement and not for indirect or subsequent damages due to loss of business or profit, no matter what the circumstances or notifications.
11. ADVERTISER agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PUBLISHER against any judgements, costs, expenses or disbursements incurred by reason of libelous statements, violation of right of privacy, copyright infringement or any other claim(s) or suit(s) arising in connection with ADVERTISEMENTs contracted according to the terms herein.
12. The ADVERTISER warrants to us the:
- The ADVERTISEMENT does not breach any contract or infringe or violate any copyright, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights;
- For investment advertisers, the ADVERTISER must be a person who is authorized to place advertising in accordance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Alternatively the contents of the ADVERTISEMENT must be approved by an authorized person within the meaning of the 1986 Act or otherwise permitted under the 2000 Act or regulations made under it;
- ADVERTISEMENTs comply with the requirements of all relevant legislation and codes of practice governing the advertising and newspaper industries in force in the United Kingdom at the time of placing the ADVERTISEMENT;
- All ADVERTISEMENTs submitted to us are legal, decent, honest and truthful.
13. Although we take every precaution to ensure that all ADVERTISEMENTs appear correctly it is also the responsibility of the ADVERTISER to check adverts and notify us of any mistake or inaccuracy immediately it appears. However we will make all reasonable effort to insure accuracy at all times. We will only be liable for any error in the first insertion of an ADVERTISEMENT and not for any subsequent insertions of the same ADVERTISEMENT.
14. We will not be liable for any loss of copy, artwork, photographs or other materials. ADVERTISERS providing such materials are advised to retain adequate copies for their use in the event of such a loss.
15. If we are required by the Trading Standards, police or other relevant authority to disclose information relating to any ADVERTISEMENT, the ADVERTISER authorizes the disclosure of that information. Any such information will be disclosed by us in good faith and the ADVERTISER acknowledges that he will have no cause of action in respect of any such disclosure.
The Resurgence Trust makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website. The Resurgence Trust cannot accept responsibility for any inconvenience, loss or damage caused as a result of inaccurate information on these pages. The Resurgence Trust takes no responsibility for material posted on unmoderated areas of this site. While we endeavour to ensure that any such material is blocked/deleted at the earliest opportunity, we accept no liability for any loss, damage, injury or offence arising from the presence of any such material on the site.
Where this site is hypertext-linked to or from any site operated by any third party we accept no responsibility or liability for access to, or arising in respect of any content on such site nor shall the presence of such links be deemed to be a recommendation or endorsement of such site by The Resurgence Trust.
As part of our policy of continuous review, these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the discretion of The Resurgence Trust. At no point do they affect your statutory rights.
The Resurgence Trust
This website is owned and operated by The Resurgence Trust. The Resurgence Trust is a Limited Company registered in England and Wales. Company number 5821436. VAT number: 4562 12953. The Resurgence Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales. Charity number 1120414. Registered Office: Ford House, Hartland, Bideford, Devon EX39 6EE. Telephone 01237 441 293, Fax 01237 441 203. www.resurgence.org