Resurgence Festival of Wellbeing
The shift from economic growth to growth in wellbeing
Sat 12 Oct 2013
How we can move away from an obsession with economic growth to a growth in wellbeing?
Join us for a day of inspiring talks, music, poetry, dance and good food!
Speakers include: Tony Juniper, Satish Kumar, Ben Okri, Rowan Williams, Vandana Shiva and more.
Speakers, Poets and Performers
- Putting energy into wellbeing
Juliet Davenport • chief executive, Good Energy
- On Growing happy: how beauty and biodiversity is central to our well-being
Alys Fowler • weekly columnist on gardening for The Guardian @AlysFowler
- A WELL Society: Women's Education, Literacy to Leadership
Lynne Franks • creator, the Seed Network
- Natural Health Service
Tony Juniper • author of ‘What Has Nature Ever Done For Us?’
- Soil, Soul and Society
Satish Kumar • editor-in-chief, Resurgence & Ecologist magazine
- Ben Okri • poet and Booker prize-winning novelist
- Campaigning, corporates and climate change: a line in the sand
Tamsin Omond • environmental activist and journalist @tamsinomond
- Ruth Padel • poet, novelist and author of The Mara Crossing
- James Sainsbury • chairman of The Resurgence Trust
- Seed Freedom as the well being of all
Vandana Shiva - campaigner for seed freedom
- Genuine Leisure
Edward Skidelsky • co-author of How Much is Enough?
- Khavita Kaur • Indian classical dancer
- 'What the body knows'?
Rowan Williams • former Archbishop of Canterbury and Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge
- Inequality, Sustainability and a Higher Quality of Life
Richard Wilkinson • co-founder, The Equality Trust
- A more interesting future
Theodore Zeldin • philosopher, president, The Oxford Muse and author of An Intimate History of Humanity
This event will raise money for The Resurgence Trust, an educational charity (no. 1120414).